Mahalo Sports Vertical Newsletter #2

Posted by Unknown | Thursday, January 28, 2010 | , | 0 comments »

Right off the bat, I'd like to welcome the new members of the list, we now have 33 of you! And a special thanks to all those who make an appearance in the chat be it daily or periodically, remember it's IRC room "mahalosports" - I'm not there 24hrs a day, but pretty damn close. For the new guys, the chat makes it easier for me to answer your questions and walk you through the process and for the vets it helps me get you tasks you want to build, and get requested pages assigned to you immediately, no waiting for requests to be approved internally.

Anyway, the business at hand today, I'd like to congratulate this time around @mbalshin_93, @Corcoran25, @Rangersman, and @matt_carter for reaching the first milestone of 10 tasks, you now fall under the veteran category within Mahalo Sports *clapclap*. I hope some of your pages are starting to collect a wee bit of rev-share coming in, it will seem small at the beginning, but believe me, patience is key. One of these days this newsletter will be devoted to enhancing pages and promoting pages individually and as a group, with 33 three of us we can do some real damage on the net. But we are still just getting started, there is much ground to cover first, we are practically rebuilding the Mahalo sports department from scratch.

After 10 tasks you'll notice my assignments to you will slow down if not stop, it's because I am working with newer trainees, this doesn't mean there is nothing for you to do. Feel free to pop into chat if you have suggestions for assignments and/or please pick up any unclaimed sports task from the Public list I update DAILY within the Sports Vertical (bookmark that link, better yet make it your loadup page:) This goes for you Vets too, I'll be seeding it with more and more sports related tasks as we get rolling here.

I also want to congratulate @Justimko and @fphlip9 from our Sports Vertical for both earning their way onto the Mahalo How-To team this week. They each completed a "Rush Week" How-To Training task and were two of the 15 people selected to join the team this week. @Justimko was one of the 4 to win a M$25 bonus, for his entry was How To become a Hockey Goalie. Very well deserved. Rush Week Tasks are available to anybody who is not already on the How-To team, and our Sports Department need a good solid group of How-To writers, there are hundreds if not thousands of page building possibilities, plus it provides you with another option if your bored of the short 300 word tasks.




If you are not on the How-To team, and you would like to give it a shot, I have posted a small list of RUSH WEEK How-To's within our vertical home. You are not limited to these, if you have an idea for a page, email it to me or catch me in the chat (there's that chat being mentioned again.)

For Justimko, fphlip and all the other veterans who are already on the How-To Team, you are now eligible to work on the "Bulk-How-To-Project" - This is an assignment where you receive a bulk list of 25 Sport How-To's worth M$8. You can send me a list of ones you want to build, and if you can't think of 25, I can top off your list from my own collection. It's good to have a solid base of How-To's under your belt, you never know when one will take off. For example - How to Become a Sports Agent - earned it's manager over 300 bucks since June 09. The exciting part of Mahalo is the potential of a M$3 or M$8 dollar task done today to end up earning you M$300 down the road. These add up and you see how people make full time work out it, but it takes time, patience and skills, that is why I am here to help.



So there you have it, Newsletter #2 in the books, I'm going to start archiving these Newsletters Online so the new guys can catch up on old ones. You can find them archived here.
http://delicious.com/Sports_Archive/MSp_News

0 comments