Experimenting with Mahalo pages

Posted by Unknown | Tuesday, September 22, 2009 | , | 0 comments »

I've enjoyed building the date pages for the past year on Mahalo, I think for as long as Mahalo serps link to date pages the visitors are guaranteed to be served up a quality link.

The date pages are so broad that the only niche they really serve are the curios people who are perhaps interested in history, which it appears are few and far between on the web. So the pages don't serve as the greatest draws of traffic, which is a frustrating struggle as the manager of these pages, building them was a noble service, and now that they are built there is little more that can be done to them, unless for some reason I decide to go more in depth with the daily timeline.

I got to thinking tonight about doing similar pages except for only 1 particular niche? Daily pages, just like the dates, except for only 1 topic, I tried it for hockey just to see how it would turn out. I thought it turned out pretty good.



It makes me wonder what the traffic possibilities are for this throughout the season, perhaps with a blog and a twitter account to promote these archives, they could reach a large daily audience among hockey fans - Who tend to be a larger and more profitable demographic than history fans. Maybe I'll try it for a couple more days, but certainly something I'll try to decide on before October 1st, when the regular season begins.

0 comments